At the zoo, the Tiny Woman guides students in phrase and sentence explorations. Students will begin to relate descriptive words (adjectives) to the subject of a sentence. These syntax lessons engage students in higher order relational thinking: how words relate to form phrases, how phrases relate to other phrases to form sentences, and how sentences relate to other sentences. These phrase ideas transfer from sentence to sentence and text to text, in fiction and nonfiction, and to new multi-media and multi-literacy experiences. Understanding how words function in sentences is important when editing their own or others’ writing, and for giving descriptive feedback to peers.
- 40 instruction, activity, discourse and assessment pages for students
- student pages organized into 1 review and 3 lessons
- 18 Extending What We’ve Learned pages, to extend ideas across curriculum
- 6 Professional Development pages for teachers
- 5 pages about classroom Instructional Criteria
- Clear lesson objectives
- Explanations of the concepts for teachers
- Easy to follow interactive lessons and instructions for students
- Engaging activities for students
- Embedded discourse & assessment questions (using Learner Response Devices)
- Lessons, activities, discourse questions that develop higher order relational thinking skills
- Original artwork and musical arrangements
- Extending What We’ve Learned activities to show how language ‘big ideas’ extend through relations, across language and other curriculum areas
Tiny Woman Wordshop Interactive Modules are designed with Promethean ActivInspire and Smart Notebook software for use with interactive whiteboards. Module instructions and questions easily provide opportunities for responses with Learner Response Devices.
- Special Education & Primary Grades 1, 2 or 3
- Adaptable for 8-11, Special Education, or junior grades
- Modules move with a teacher to different grades
All materials purchased from Tiny Woman Wordshop may not be reproduced (copied, exported), transferred (sold, licensed, exchanged), or stored in a retrieval system in whole or in part without prior written permission from Tiny Woman Wordshop and in no case for profit. This includes sharing on Promethean Planet.
This flipchart and other materials from Tiny Woman Wordshop are sold under the condition that they will not be lent, hired out, or otherwise circulated (by trade or otherwise) without the written consent from the publisher.
The content, including images and music, contained in this, and other resources, may only be used in the context they were intended: in the school/institution that has purchased the materials or by the teacher/educator who has purchased the materials.
Each flipchart/resource is licensed for use on one computer station with ActivInspire software. Additional privileges may be obtained through Tiny Woman Wordshop or an authorized reseller.
Copyright of the content of this flipchart belongs to Tiny Woman Wordshop. All rights reserved. © 2014 by Tiny Woman Wordshop