At home and in the nearby park, the Tiny Woman will guide students as they explore how to relate two small words together to form a new compound word. These morphology lessons engage students in higher order relational thinking: how some words relate to other words and how these new compound words relate to other words and phrases. These word and phrase ideas transfer from sentence to sentence and text to text in fiction and nonfiction. This understanding is important when revising or editing their own and others’ writing, and for giving descriptive feedback to peers.
- 13 instruction, activity, discourse and assessment pages for students
- student pages organized into 2 lessons
- Extending What We’ve Learned pages are found in the corresponding syntax module
- 3 Professional Development pages for teachers
- 5 pages about classroom Instructional Criteria
- Clear lesson objectives
- Explanations of the concepts for teachers
- Easy to follow interactive lessons and instructions for students
- Engaging activities for students
- Embedded discourse & assessment questions (using Learner Response Devices)
- Lessons, activities, discourse questions that develop higher order relational thinking skills
- Original artwork and musical arrangements
- Extending What We’ve Learned activities to show how language ‘big ideas’ extend through relations, across language and other curriculum areas
Tiny Woman Wordshop Interactive Modules are designed with Promethean ActivInspire software for use with interactive whiteboards. Module instructions and questions easily provide opportunities for responses with Learner Response Devices.
- Special Education & Primary Grades 1, 2 or 3
- Adaptable for 8-11, Special Education, or junior grades
- Modules move with a teacher to different grades
All materials purchased from Tiny Woman Wordshop may not be reproduced (copied, exported), transferred (sold, licensed, exchanged), or stored in a retrieval system in whole or in part without prior written permission from Tiny Woman Wordshop and in no case for profit. This includes sharing on Promethean Planet.
This flipchart and other materials from Tiny Woman Wordshop are sold under the condition that they will not be lent, hired out, or otherwise circulated (by trade or otherwise) without the written consent from the publisher.
The content, including images and music, contained in this flipchart and other resources, may only be used in the context they were intended: in the school/institution that has purchased the materials or by the teacher/educator who has purchased the materials.
Each flipchart/resource is licensed for use on one computer station with ActivInspire software. Additional privileges may be obtained through Tiny Woman Wordshop or an authorized reseller.
Copyright of the content of this flipchart belongs to Tiny Woman Wordshop. All rights reserved. © 2013 by Tiny Woman Wordshop