Welcome to the TINY WOMAN WORDSHOP, a research-based approach to language instruction for elementary classrooms. We offer workshops and interactive lessons and activities that align key concepts in language with higher order thinking, seamlessly integrate technology with curriculum and pedagogy, can be developed from grade to grade across subjects, and support and strengthen the critical thinking needed for STEM and biodiversity education.
Our interactive lessons relate reading, writing and media literacy instruction by focusing on the ‘big ideas’ in language. Using interactive board software, teachers will meet their most important AREAS OF NEED: to deliver comprehensive and critical language lessons, to make full use of classroom technology, and to integrate instructional criteria into their program.
MEETING CLASSROOM NEEDS
COMPREHENSIVE LANGUAGE LESSONS
All Tiny Woman Wordshop resources:
- Are created by teachers and researchers—for teachers and students
- Are designed for grades 1, 2 & 3, and special education
- Meet and relate language curriculum expectations
- Provide hours of language instruction, with extensions into other curriculum areas
- Engage students in activities and discourse about ‘big ideas’
- Integrate teacher PD and student instruction in one resource
- Immerse students in art & music to enhance and guide them through literacy concepts
FULL TECHNOLOGY USE
Our interactive lessons:
- Work with any interactive board and computer—just install the ActivInspire software (register an account on Promethean Planet and request a free personal edition or purchase the professional version)
- Provide hours of interactive technology use each day
- Use a range of ActivInspire tools
- Provide whole class, small group & independent activity pages
- Integrate Learner Response Devices
- Link to outside media
- Are designed to move with a teacher to different grades
INTEGRATED INSTRUCTIONAL CRITERIA
Our workshops and flipcharts deliver a high quality approach to instruction:
- Student engagement
- Classroom discourse
- Differentiated instruction
- Open-ended questions
- Cross-curricular and integrated learning
- Develop higher order thinking and metacognition
- Extend relations to social justice and environmental issues
- Link success criteria to instruction, descriptive feedback and formative assessment
Follow the links below to learn more about TINY WOMAN WORDSHOP.
Learn about our workshops that demonstrate how language curriculum integrates with interactive Promethean technology.
Learn about how each interactive module meets teacher classroom instruction and language curriculum needs.
Learn more about how TWW brings together years of elementary classroom experience with language study and literacy research.